Monday, November 29

To Decorate or Not To Decorate

For some strange reason, I am struggling with whether or not to decorate for Christmas this year…  It’s so much work.  So much extra clutter.  Bruce doesn’t care for it.  We will be spending Christmas with my sister and her husband, so it’s not like we’ll even be here for the actual DAY of Christmas.  Hmmm…. What to do. What to do.
I remember a time when it was all I could do to wait until after Thanksgiving to start decorating for Christmas.  And I had TONS of decorations, and they were EVERYWHERE!      But now…
Ehh. 
Am I too old for Christmas? 
Have I reached the point in my life (finally) where I’ve learned that less is more – that simpler is better?
Has Bruce’s disdain for the holidays rubbed off on me too much?
(OK, “disdain” is probably a little over-the-top, but you get the idea)
Am I just plain lazy?
Am I afraid of the possible creatures I find among the decorations once we get them from the attic - like the 4-legged or 8-legged varieties? (shudder)
Maybe it’s all of the above. 
Or none of it. 
But I’m sure not feeling motivated. 
Yet....

No comments: