Sunday, November 14

14 DAYS OF THANKS - Day 13

I AM THANKFUL FOR...
HUGS

I am not a very touchy-feely person - at all.  Never have been.  But there's just something about a good hug that I love.  They can be so warm, so comforting, so loving.  Granted, from the wrong person, hugs can be downright creepy, but from the right person, hugs are sometimes EXACTLY what I need.  It takes a lot of breaking down personal barriers to give someone a hug, and even to receive one.  Maybe that's why I like them.  Or maybe it's that, for those few seconds, I feel united in body and spirit with another person - a rarity in a world that is so focused on me-me-me.  Maybe it's lots of things.  In any case, I feel like hugs are little touches from God, little reminders that we are not alone, that we are loved just the way we are.  And who wouldn't want that?

No comments: