Monday, November 22

14 DAYS OF THANKS - Day 6

I AM THANKFUL FOR...
SOMEONE ELSE'S COOKING

Saturday morning, I sat in the breakfast nook of the lake house, drinking coffee and watching the mist rise off of Lake Norman, as 4 college students prepped breakfast for the group.  Baked oatmeal, French toast casserole, scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon...  it was divine! 

I enjoy cooking - I actually feel like I do it pretty well.  But now and then, it's just so nice to have someone else take care of all that.  There's something SO GOOD about someone else's cooking. I tell Bruce all the time that my coffee tastes better when he makes it for me - he thinks I say that out of my laziness, but it's truly because it's just nice to be served now and then.  And when it's served out of love....YUMMY!!!

Can I have some more please? 

No comments: