Tuesday, November 23

14 DAYS OF THANKS - Day 3

I AM THANKFUL FOR...
MY GIRLS

It's crazy how much a part of my life my dogs are.  And I know you are probably laughing at me for saying that, especially if you are not a pet owner, but that's ok.  I am not ashamed at how my girls fill my life with extra bits of happiness and laughter.

Dixie is 10 now.  She's our "blonde" dog - the one most folks are drawn to because her floofity hair will always make her look younger and extra-pettable. She's extra spunky - but she's also a bit air headed (She once jumped off a second-story balcony to play with another dog on the ground below).  But that silly dog is so endearing.  She frolics around the yard without fear, ears pinned back in just complete uninhibited joy.  I wish I was more like that in life.  Brave, silly Dixie.

Daisy is 11, and she will always be "my first dog," my first baby.  She's much more subdued than Dixie, and smarter.  She's also more sensitive.  She comes to me when I am crying, and licks me in reassurance.  She lets me snuggle with her.  She THRIVES on love and attention, and I am all too eager to give it to her.  Sweet, sappy Daisy.

Someday, Bruce and I will get another dog, and we will love that one too.  But for now, I am content with just my girls.

No comments: