Monday, August 23

Miscellany Monday - August 23

Randomness...

1 The semester officially began this weekend with freshman move-in on Saturday, and upperclassmen move-in on Sunday. I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am to see all my college peeps again!  I have missed them so!  I am also really excited because this semester, we have a few non-HPU students joining us!  Just one more of my prayers answered.  :)

2  Our church had a community yard sale this past Saturday, and it was a huge success!  The hubs and I were able to get rid of some things, and we each scored a few deals too!  I think the most exciting thing about it though, was how much the community seemed to enjoy it!  We had so many visitors!!!  I have to express my excitement about the 3 storage boxes I received by trading a rug with Ellen.  They are really pretty (blue, green, and yellow), and they are perfect for containing art supplies!  Yay!

3  I have a hot date tonight with one of my college peeps.  She recently lost a friend of hers in a tragic accident, and I haven't seen her since she found out.  I cannot wait to give her a hug!  And in spite of her grief, she sent me a message late last week reminding me of the way God is compassionate.  Sometimes, these college students blow me away with their perception.  Tonight should be fun!  We are going to a new place to eat and then maybe a little shopping.  Can't go wrong with that!

4  I am so in the mood to go shopping for fall clothes!  I keep getting these catalogs showing scarves and sweaters and boots and jeans...  Oh, how I love fall!!!  Dear Autumn, please come soon.  I ache for you.

5  While I am yearning for fall, my crafting spirit is starting to feel like Christmas.  My favorite annual magazine (Quilting Arts Gifts) just came out with the 2010-11 issue, and it has me feeling all inspired!  What should I make first...

6  Yummy in My Tummy! I came across this recipe for Pork Chalupas at AllRecipes.com.  And it looks and sounds so good, I might just have to try it this week!   

No comments: