Tuesday, March 23

Showers and Birthdays

My sister-in-law Ronnie is expecting her first baby, and I made some cute peony brooches as favors for the baby shower.  Above and below are some photos of  the brooches attached to the napkins.  Aren't they adorable?  You can make your own - I used this tutorial by Yoonie at Home: Tutorial

This weekend was amazing:  Saturday, Scarlett, Kelly and I drive to Durham to check out this amazing little shop called The Scrap Exchange.  In a nutshell, it's a bunch of "scraps" that you can buy to make art with!  I bought some pieces of vinyl, some bottle caps, some puzzle pieces and some empty spools.  I will post pics once I figure out what to make! 

Sunday was Come and See at my church, The Journey.  It was sort of a "bring a friend" service - we had 298 folks there!  Everything was done in excellence, and folks had a good time.  I participated in a cardboard testimony - the jist was each person had a piece of cardboard.  On the front was written one of their sins, and on the back was written how Christ had made a difference.  Mine dealt with bitterness.  It was awesome to be a part of the skit, but I was really glad I didn't have to say anything.  ha ha!  

Sunday was also a very important day - Bruce's birthday.  20 of us went to Chili's for lunch after church to celebrate.  Happy birthday, babe!

No comments: