Tuesday, March 30

Daffodils

We live in the woods, mostly in the shade, and that makes flower gardening tough. There is also so much wildlife, that any plants that do happen to adjust to the climate are usually eaten or dug up. So, I pretty much don’t bother. But oddly, there are a bunch of daffodils that pop up each year – and they grow in the most random places – in the middle of the yard, in the forest, even in the driveway. They seem to pop up almost everywhere other than the flower beds. Ha ha! There is an exceptionally pretty patch of them right at the edge of the driveway, coming up through a pile of dead leaves and debris we dumped there. Every time I look at it, it strikes me how something so beautiful and alive can spring up from something so ugly and dead.

Reminds me of Ecclesiastes 3:11 - Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.  As Pastor Alan would say, "Good word."

It also reminds me of this little ditty I used to sing in Sunday school:  In His time, in His time, He makes all things beautiful in His time. Lord, please show me every day, As You’re teaching me Your way, That You do just what You say In Your time.

Hmmm... I need to be more mindful of that.  God makes all things beautiful.... God does just what He says.... God's got it under control....  What a comforting thought!  Yeah, I definitely need to be more mindful of that!

2 comments:

scarlett said...

oh my gosh! i sang in his time when i was little at my church. i love that song! i hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Hi! said...

Whoa! I just found this quotation - PERFECT!!

"Where man sees but withered leaves, God sees sweet flowers growing." ~Albert Laighton