Thursday, March 18

Happy Friday!

It's my Friday!  And it's been a great week!

The college peeps are all back in town, so we had small group Monday.  So good to get caught with them!  And we have our second small group tonight - Good times!  Bruce is teaching from Philippians 3:12-21, which is quite applicable to them as they now face the back half of the semester - and for many, graduation.  We also did a little something special, but I'll tell you about that tomorrow... 

Tuesday we went to a Lacrosse game with Glenn and Julia - always fun hanging with the Records!  And then Scarlett came over to watch LOST.  It was really good to get my "Scarlett fix."  She graduates in May, but she is staying here in High Point!  I am so, so happy!

Last night, Bruce and I visited with Pastor Keith and Leslie for a bit.  While the guys talked about carpet and vinyl (blecch!), Leslie and I talked about the upcoming Women's Retreat.  She had me take a friendship test, which told me that I am a "hostess-therapist" type of friend.  I think I'm happy about that.  We all also discussed the upcoming Come and See Service at church this Sunday - all kinds of fun things going on for that!  I even got a fun project out of it!  And also for Palm Sunday!  Whoo hoo!  OH!  And Leslie was amazing and bought a bunch of baby stuff for my sister-in-law and a bunch of amazing FIBERS for me to do my art with!  And she also gave me a cute flowerpot full of goodies since I am not going on the Retreat (I know - I am lame)!!  But wow - such awesome people!   

I also pulled out my recipes and found one from my friend Stacy for Baked Oatmeal.  It is DELISH!  I made a dish, and have been enjoying it for "brunch" every day this week.  Here's the recipe:

BAKED OATMEAL
3 cups blueberries tossed in 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
18oz container regular oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cups white sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 lg eggs
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
  • Lightly grease the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.  Sprinkle the berries in the bottom of the dish.
  • Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, and combine all wet ingredients in a different bowl.
  • Combine dry and wet ingredients, and pour on top of blueberries.
  • Bake at 350 degrees covered for 30 minutes and then uncovered for 20 minutes.
NOTES: I have used raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and chopped apples and pecans.  All are amazing, though the apple is probably my fave. 

Hope you all have been having a great week too!

No comments: