Tuesday, April 13

Here Comes the Sun

I was emailing with Nicki today – she’s my oldest friend (I’ve known her since 8th grade). She has been with me through a lot of crud, and she and her husband Jason kept me sane through many, many years. Plus, we have had a TON of fun together.

In my email to her, I was reflecting on all that drama I went through at home all those years. So often back then it felt like hell on Earth, like my heart would never heal, that I would be scarred for life. Sometimes I look back at it and wonder how in the world I survived without having a nervous breakdown. But as I told Nicki, I know now that I went through all of that so God could be glorified NOW. He is still using ALL of it to further His kingdom. I cannot tell you how often something from my past has helped me relate to one of these kids. It's amazing!

Sure I have scars – don’t we all? Sometimes I have the blues and get sucked into the “oh woe is me” mindset. That’s my nature as a human, after all. But finally, I am rising above the clouds and seeing the Son above them. And that is a beautiful thing.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

No comments: