Saturday, March 26

Remember the Tulips

Red Tulips

"No, my little friends," I said to my tulips when I saw their little green heads poking from the ground in early March. "You are not finished sleeping. Winter is not over just yet. Spring is not here. The cold air will inhibit your growth, and a sudden frost will hurt you. Just be still and wait. Your time is coming. Soon the sun will warm the earth, and you will be able to spring forth, blooming radiantly. And you will bring me such joy. Soon, my friends. Soon."

But my tulips didn’t listen. They pushed through the hard ground and into the frigid air. And while they are still lovely, they are not as beautiful and as glorious as they could have been.

Poor, confused, impatient tulips.

“No, my friend,” God said to me when He saw me struggling to figure out His will.  “You are not finished learning. This period of your life is not over just yet. The time is not here. Your impatience will inhibit your growth, and your lack of knowledge will hurt you. Just be still and wait. Your time is coming. Soon I will show you what I have planned for you, and you will be able to spring forth, living radiantly. And you will bring Me such joy. Soon, my friend. Soon.”

And so I wait.

A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. ~Proverbs 16:9

No comments: