Tuesday, December 21

Christmas Ramblings

I’m feeling overwhelmed with Christmas spirit these days, and I feel like if I don’t tell you about it, I’m gonna bust. So prepare yourselves…

Finally, can I just say that I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the song Joseph’s Lullaby? I almost don’t want to sing along when I hear it because I don’t want to risk ruining it… but I can’t help myself. Here it is so you can enjoy it as you are reading the rest of my rambles:



Last night, Bruce and I celebrated Christmas with our friend Scarlett. She made us macaroni and cheese with applesauce (which IS delish when eaten together!), we opened presents, went to red mango for dessert (new fave flavor: amaretto), and then we drove around Greensboro listening to MercyMe’s Christmas album looking at Christmas lights.

I am LOVING the lighted Christmas balls that are quickly replacing those lame lighted icicles of the past few years. Last night, we found NEIGHBORHOODS that were full of them, and it was magical. Disclaimer: If a house has fewer than say 6 of them, they look pretty silly. But when they’re done right – they are beautiful. Here’s a link about one of the neighborhoods we drove through and how they are using their light display to do good in the community (and instructions to make your own!).
I miss my mom. Christmas is the time of year that I find myself thinking about her the most. She loved Christmas. I bet her heavenly mansion is looking A-MAZ-ING these days!

A few days ago, Jon Acuff blogged his "40 before 40” list – basically, it’s the list of 40 things he wants to accomplish before he turns 40. I like that concept – sort of gives a definite timeline and end goal. So I think instead of New Year’s resolutions, I am going to work on my 40B440. Maybe I’ll post it. We’ll see.
I think I am going to attempt a few food gifts this year – I’ve been wanting to make some peppermint bark, and, oddly, I somehow have all the ingredients required already in my pantry (except for the candy canes). Perhaps tonight… I also saw a recipe for honey cinnamon butter. It looks so good, but is it weird to give someone a jar of butter?  Hmmm.....

This doesn't really have anything to do with Christmas, but more the new year: I signed up for The Sketchbook Challenge.  I need to get better about sketching ideas and such.  And it's something I've been wanting to do.  So why not now?  Depending on how good my sketches are, I might even share some photos...    

Phew!  That's it for now, but I'm sure there will be more festiveness to come….

No comments: